Thursday, March 17, 2011

Seeing Our Heavenly Father Work

Being the person our Heavenly Father wants us to be can be so trying sometimes.  The big stuff (drinking, drugs, affairs, etc) have never been really tempting to me, but just because we don't engage in the "big stuff" doesn't mean we're being the person God wants us to be.  I've struggled with being focused on a daily Bible study, and I could use the excuse of having a young child, but I think it is more of my own discipline and drive.  Sometimes I wonder if God really has a plan for our lives and if being really disciplined in my study/prayer life will really make a difference.  I've needed something from God lately to just know that I'm on His mind and that He truly does care about me and the little things in life.  Well, today I've seen Him work in the little things in my life:

Our Father truly does care about our finances.  I'm not saying that He will always give us more than we need, but He will give us what we need if we are focused on doing right with our money and being right with Him.  Recently becoming a stay-at-home mom and not a working mom has caused our finances to be a lot tighter.  However, so far, we've continued to be able to save a little every month, which is great because we hope to buy a house in a little over a year.  However, while sitting and eating dinner last night, my husband and I were talking about some changes we're going to have to make within our budget and it may cause us to not be able to save that amount that we've been able to save thus far.  It was hard for me to accept but I knew the reasoning behind it was well worth it.  However, the very next day, I go for a job interview and got a part-time job as a teacher at a Mother's Day Out program, in which my child will even be in my classroom.  The amount that I will bring in doing this will be about the amount that we were saving before on a monthly basis.  I won't have this job during the summer but I know God will provide somehow if it is in His will for us to save that money.  God's promise to provide is true.  He will provide for His children.  

God also truly cares about our walk with Him.  Some of you know that my goal for this year is to memorize Colossians.  I haven't been very good the past few weeks at my memorization due to traveling, and last night, I thought to myself "What is the point in it?  Will it really make a difference in my life?  I might as well just quit.  I don't have the accountability I need to be motivated to do this."  I really thought about quitting this goal of mine.  Well, today on FB, the website where I got this idea to memorize Colossians puts up a comment saying -- 
"Committing a great truth to memory is admirable; committing it to life is wisdom." ~William A. Ward .... Praying as we memorize Colossians to live His truth... Press on into Him...
 What a smack in the face that was!  This website rarely puts up anything on FB, so to see that today was God's way of saying "Do this.  You won't ever regret it."  So, I have some catching up to do, but I know there is a reason behind it and I'll be blessed having these scriptures deep in my heart, soul, and mind.  God truly wants us to walk with Him on a daily basis, and He wants a true relationship with us.  Knowing God's Word helps us to know God.  
 I hope you are able to see God working in your life this week.  He truly cares about each and every one of you.  Sometimes it's hard to see, but trust that His promises are true.  He loves us and will never forsake us -- He promises!  
~ Shawna

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed reading this, daughter. :) You are so right, God does love us very much and He'll take care of us, especially when we put Him first in all that we do. I love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, even if you're just a 'blog stalker'. It's cool, we are too. :)