Friday, March 4, 2011

Goals

My name is Jennifer, and I am disorganized.

Okay, maybe I am a LITTLE organized, but I REALLY want to be much more organized!  Lately, I am always trying to think of new ways to be organized while not being obsessed with it.  I don't want to have every moment of my day planned, but I DO want to be organized enough that it makes my life a little easier!  In my journey to become more organized though, I want to also remain flexible.  I have an infant, and if I want more kids (which I do one day) then I need to be flexible.  Just last week I was SO excited about going to Walmart.  I know... sounds really exciting, but when you're a stay-at-home mom, every trip becomes exciting!  ;)  Anyway, I ended up leaving about 3 hours later than I planned, which isn't a big deal, but it was very frustrating at the time.  My little girl just did NOT want to sleep that morning!  That is what I mean about being flexible.  Something to work on.

I've had all of these ideas floating around in my head--things like crafts I want to do, or things I want to do to become more organized, or thrifty ideas.  (This post isn't even organized!)  On top of these things, I keep thinking of ways I want to be a better person.  So, let me try to ORGANIZE (how many times can I use that word in one post??) my thoughts.

Crafts:
I've been working on several things lately.  I won't mention them all right now, but I'll show them to you soon, I promise!
Birthday Onesie:  Yesterday I was working on a birthday onesie for my daughter, who will be turning one before too long!  I didn't want to spend $10ish on this cute birthday onesie.  I just didn't want to spend that much on something for one day, ya know?  Yes, she could still wear it after her birthday, but still, I just didn't want to do it.  Anyway, I thought it would be more fun to make her one.  So, that's what I'm working on right now, and I'm trying to take a lot of pictures during the process to give you the whole picture.  This will also include the mistake that I made, that I have to work on fixing.  ;)


Scripture:  I also really want to paint a scripture picture for my daughter's nursery.  I haven't decided how I'm going to do that yet, but I really like the idea.  I also need to decide on a scripture.  I want it to be something that she can keep in her room for a long time that will be very meaningful to her.  Hopefully over time she will read it so much that she will memorize it.  Always a good thing.

Cross-Stitch:  Something else I've been working on FOR-EV-ER is a cross-stitch birthday announcement for my daughter's room.  I started on it about a year ago, but still haven't finished it.  I'm getting close though!  I need to paint the frame light pink (it's black right now) to put it in when I'm done.

Curtains:  I made my daughter curtains for her room before she was born, and it about killed me.  I was very proud of them when I finished, but then we moved, and now she has TWO windows, so they don't fit.  I'm planning on working on these this afternoon.  :)


Organization:
In the next week (maybe sooner) I'll try to post my efforts to become more organized.  I'm working on a system for that... be excited, but not really, because it probably won't be as exciting to you as it is to me.  ;)

Thrifty:
I'm trying to become a 'couponer' and figuring out the best way to buy groceries at a low price... all that stuff. I do NOT want to become obsessed with that either.  I will not be that person who buys 200 tubes of toothpaste just because there is a good deal on it.  I'm all about a good deal, but I don't want to store 200 tubes of toothpaste for the next however many years.

Last, but not least, I mentioned that I really want to be a better person.  Let me tell you that this is NOT something that can be done on my own.  I think most people desire to be a better person.  They may decide to visit a nursing home once a month or something like that.  These things are great, and I'm not discouraging them at all.  I just want to become more like Jesus.  The only way I know to do this is by praying a lot, and reading the Bible a lot (both things I need to do a lot more).  It's a life-long process, and I'll never be anywhere NEAR His goodness while I'm on Earth, because He never sinned.  I will sin.  I'm still forgiven though.  I guess my prayer is that that He'll reveal to me the things I need to change.  One thing I've been working on a lot is not gossiping.  It's so easy to do, but I don't want to do that.  I'll still do it sometimes, because I'm human, and I'll slip.  Like I said, it's a life-long process.  The past few days I've found myself noticing things about myself that I didn't like and wanting to change it about myself IMMEDIATELY.  In those moments I have to remind myself that I can't change every bad habit in one day.  Does this all make sense??  I want to recognize the things in my life that need to change, and then trust the Lord to help me with those changes, while also remembering to be patient with myself.

Okay, I better go get some things done around here!  Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, even if you're just a 'blog stalker'. It's cool, we are too. :)