Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Moment to Gush..

Five years ago I married the most wonderful man.  :)  He's sweet, responsible, loves the Lord, handsome, loving, funny, and so much more.  He's my favorite person.  My best friend.  :)

I didn't always think he was the man for me, though.

When I was younger, I thought I wanted to marry a man that was outgoing, funny, and maybe just a little goofy.  I thought that kind of man would be a good match for me.  After all, I was outgoing and more than a little goofy, myself.  ;)

J is not outgoing and a man of few words.

So, when I met him, I thought he was cute and really nice, but decided he was better 'friends' material.  (I was an idiot.)  At least, that's what I told myself.  I hung out with him a lot, was anxious for him to meet my family, etc.  Yet, he was just my friend.  I wonder how many people were giggling behind my back at my denial. Thankfully, he didn't view me that way.  :)

We went on a date early on, and although it was a very cute and sweet date (something I really should blog about at some point), I just didn't feel much romance.

We started just hanging out as friends, and this made me really comfortable around him.  I wasn't afraid to show him my true personality, because there wasn't pressure to impress him.  We went bowling with friends, saw a movie or two, studied together at the library (years later he told me that when I would call and ask if he wanted to come study, he would have to search for something to study just so he could come--how precious is that??), and he even taught me how to drive a standard!  Seriously... how in the world did I not see that we were practically dating??

There was even one day that I told him I was craving E.L. Fudge Cookies.  This was completely random, because I NEVER bought those cookies.  A few days later, he shows up at the library with a package of them with a Sprite for me!  Still, in my book, I didn't consider us dating, although at this point I did like him more.  Again, idiot.

Finally, things became 'official' in April of '04.  We ended up going to the park one Saturday, having a picnic, and just talking.  It was perfect.  :)

Now, I can't imagine a man more perfect for me.  He doesn't talk a whole lot, but I do, so it works out.  He doesn't randomly start dancing to a song on the radio, but he smiles when I do.  He's a wonderful daddy who is wrapped around his baby girl's finger.  He talks with me about things that God is teaching him.  He encourages me to stay home with our daughter while he earns all the money.  He is patient with me when I'm being dramatic (most of the time, at least!).  He's so much more.  He isn't perfect, but all the things that led us together have always made us certain that God orchestrated our love story.

Sorry ladies, this one is taken forever.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, even if you're just a 'blog stalker'. It's cool, we are too. :)