Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Garlic Bread

What is the best part about going to an Italian restaurant?  The bread, of course!  Well, if it's free.  ;)

When I cook spaghetti or lasagna, I like to make bread to go along with it.  Sometimes it's just a regular slice of bread that I butter, sprinkle with garlic powder, and pop into the toaster oven.  Sometimes it's a little more complicated, but then, I saw this awesome recipe.

Trust me, the picture doesn't do it justice.
It's called Garlic Parmesan Pull-Apart Bread and I found it on The Pastry Affair blog.  It looked delicious, so I decided to try it out.

I was a little hesitant to try it out, because it looked like it would be a very long process, but it really wasn't difficult at all.  Especially with a bread machine.  ;)

Once again, I will not post the recipe here, because it isn't mine to post.  Go check out her blog for the recipe.

I'll tell the slight modifications I made, though.  I don't have a bundt pan, so I had to use a small pan and made two stacked rows.  Instead of parmesan cheese in between the layers, I just added some cheddar cheese.  I also added cheddar to the top, along with a little parmesan.  This makes a TON of bread.  It's a little misleading to look at the picture above, because we ate off of it for a few days, and still didn't finish it.

If you already have supper plans for tonight, and they don't include this bread, then you should alter your plans.  You will have a happy tummy.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, even if you're just a 'blog stalker'. It's cool, we are too. :)