Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter

I just wanted to take a moment to tell y'all 'Happy Easter'!  :)  Every Easter I always think of my pastor from the church I grew up in, because he likes to say, "Happy Resurrection Day!"  :)  I still say Easter, but I think I understand why he likes to say that instead.  I love the Easter Bunny (although the one at the mall really kinda freaks me out) and Egg Hunts--all that is super fun!  I can't wait to do that with my child(ren).  However, Easter is a special day for us to remember that Jesus Christ rose from the dead.  He died for ALL of our sins--each and every one, regardless of how 'small' it may seem.  We should be guilty of our own sins, right?  Well, because of Jesus, He took our sins on Himself, even though He was perfect and blameless.  How would you feel today if you committed a great crime and were going to be put to death for it?  How would you feel if someone who was completely innocent came and took your place, allowing you to go free??  That's what Jesus did for us, only in a much bigger way.  Not only that, but He arose and is alive today!  :)

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16


When you believe in Him and accept Him as your Lord and Savior, your life changes in a BIG way.  You're never alone.  You're never without hope.  You always have a friend who understands everything you're feeling, even when you don't understand it yourself.  He'll never let you down.  


If this is something you want to know more about, PLEASE don't hesitate to contact us!  We'd love to tell you more.  We won't harass you with extra emails, but we'll help you the best way we can.  


So, Happy Resurrection Day!  :)


On a side note, I love this song, and it's very Easter-ish.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, even if you're just a 'blog stalker'. It's cool, we are too. :)