Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Pre-K


 Animal Alphabet Friends Flashcards

We actually started a year ago with a little bit of pre-k.  This wasn't necessary in my opinion, but I was excited about doing something organized with my little ones, and my oldest was enthusiastic about it as well.  So, I started doing a Letter of the Week type of curriculum that I pieced together.  The main resources I used for this was Animal Alphabet Friends flashcards by Abeka, with the CD of songs to teach letter sounds.  This was actually a gift for the girls at Christmas, and they LOVED it.  My oldest was four at the time, and learned all of her letter sounds super fast because of the songs.  :)  I'll definitely use those again!  The flashcards are a little expensive in my opinion, and my oldest may have learned quickly with the CD alone, but they did enjoy the pictures with the songs.


I printed a ton of stuff from Confessions of a Homeschooler for free.  She actually has a Letter of the Week curriculum all put together that you can purchase for $15, but she offers a lot of the printables for free.

We did several printables and tried to do a craft at the end of the week.  My favorite was "E is for Elephant" hats, found here.  It was hilarious!

We actually only made it to letter K before we dwindled off, because I was in my third trimester with baby #3.  I considered picking it up again, but we never did.  We went ahead and moved on to Kindergarten in the fall.  I'll write about that in a separate post.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, even if you're just a 'blog stalker'. It's cool, we are too. :)