Friday, May 6, 2011

Homemade Easter Dress

So this post is a few days later than I planned.  I'm sorry, I lied.  It was an accident though.  ;)

Since I have a precious little girl, I try to make the most of all the girly-ness that I can.  After all, she may end up being a tom-boy for all I know!  I want to enjoy dressing her up while she can't fight me about it.  Then again, evidently when I was little I liked to wear 'twirly' pink dresses with shiny red shoes, and make mud pies in the backyard.  So, maybe she'll have the best of both worlds too?  ;)

Anyway.

I decided to try and make her an Easter dress this year.  Making clothes scares me a little bit, because they have to actually FIT the person that will wear them.  If I make something like curtains, it's okay if they aren't perfect.  Well, her dress is FAR from perfect, but it's also adorable on her!  Allow me to show you...


I would show you a close-up, but then you could see all the imperfections.  ;)  It's MUCH cuter on my baby girl too, but again, for her safety, I'm not going to show you a picture of her.  (As if I was able to get a good picture of her wearing it on Sunday anyway...)  ;)

I used THIS pattern from Walmart, where is it much cheaper, by the way.  ;)  I made a couple of changes to it by adding a sash so it would fit her, as well as a little iron-on butterfly.  It was pretty easy once my sewing machine started working.  ;)  Maybe this has inspired me to make more clothes for her??  Perhaps.

On a side note, my hubby and I have been trying to redecorate M's nursery.  By we, I actually mean me.  My husband painted her room for me though.  He's a WONDERFUL husband and dad.  :)  Anyway, I think I'll post pictures of the process so you can rejoice with me as we make improvements.  I would say that I'll do that later today, but I don't want to lie again, so we'll just see what happens.  Fresh (and non-ugly) paint?  Check.  New curtains?  Check.  Clean, organized closet?  ..........

Have a happy Friday!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, even if you're just a 'blog stalker'. It's cool, we are too. :)